Join the Team
Omaha Design Center is excited to grow our team as the business continues to grow. Check out the available openings below:
Set UP CAPTAIN
The Set Up Captain is responsible for ensuring that all set up for each event occurring in the Omaha Design Center is completed impeccably and on time. The Set Up Captain will work with the Operations and Sales teams to ensure that all needs are known and we are ready for each event to occur ahead of time. Check out the skills needed below:
Leadership- the Set Up Captain will supervise a team of 3-6 people when setting up for each event.
Initiative- things can get extremely busy at Omaha Design Center. We need a Set Up Captain who can take charge and work independently to get the job done.
Detail-Oriented- we pride ourselves on providing each event with the best of the best, this means nothing is out of place and everything is of the highest standards. The Set Up Captain will be responsible for working with the Event Concierge to be sure everything is perfect!
Organized- Organizational skills are imperative for the Set Up Captain as they will in charge of maintaining and organizing our set up assets.
Customer Service- The Set Up Captain will often interact with clients and guests and should provide the best possible customer experience in all circumstances.
Adaptability- events often have last minute changes the Set Up Captain will need to initiate. This person needs to be adaptable and ready to jump in and make changes!
If you have a resume handy, please submit to Beth@omahadesigncenter.com in addition to completing this application.
- Supervise and participate in Set Up for each event
- Assist the Sales Team in creating Set Up Standards and processes for building Floor Plans
- Key holder responsible for opening and locking up building as needed
- Inventory and Organize event set up assets
- Assess and track damages made during events and create a replacement plan
- Minor maintenance and cleaning
- Ability to repeatedly lift and maneuver 100 pounds
- Organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Teamwork and Flexibility
- Attention to detail and aesthetics
Hours & Growth Potential
This is a 40-hour/week job. Hours are flexible based on the event schedule and will include nights and weekends. There is opportunity for growth as the business grows.